Isaiah 30:21 - Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

3 days!

I've never blogged before. In fact, after going to college where writing papers seemed to be a weekly occurrence, and grad school where I learned how to write papers in my sleep, I never thought I would start a blog.  But, I thought blogging would be a great way to share with everyone what's going on before leaving and and the adventures I'll have while I'm there.  I meant to start this earlier but things have been a little crazy and hectic at the moment with getting everything organized and ready for the trip.  Things I never thought to think of suddenly spring to mind and get added to the list of things to do.
I had an absolutely amazing and wonderful going away party in Charleston the day before driving up to Virginia.  It was hard to say goodbye to my dear friends but I felt so blessed at being able to spend some great quality time with those that have become so precious to me over my last eight years in Charleston.  The highlight of the night was getting Derek's going away present, a hand held yellow chicken that squawks when you press its stomach.  Derek had a party one time at his house and as the night was winding down it turned into a music jam fest.  I started out playing the trombone, true story, but since I never learned how to play the trombone my instrument quickly became this yellow squeaking chicken.  I found great amusement with my new founded friend that I received an email a couple of days later asking if I knew where this chicken was as it was missing in action.  I assured Derek I hadn't taken it though I wouldn't have minded had it someone found its way to my house.  My new chicken is coming with me to Haiti, it might end up with it's very own calendar one day.

I am now in Virginia spending the week with my parents, sisters who come tomorrow, and Maddie (my dog) before flying out Saturday morning.  I've had a great, but busy week.  I spent some time this afternoon packing and organizing what I brought up to Virginia.  One of the good things about Haiti is you only need one wardrobe, summer.  It's a lot colder here than in Charleston and I'm looking forward to getting back to the warmer weather.  I miss walking around in flip flops, and was so cold the other day I almost put on a winter hat when I went outside.  This is quite different than the 85 degree weather I left in Charleston.  I never knew so much went into moving, especially moving out of the country, but I have learned lots and am now a pro at what needs to be done; the key is lists and then more lists. Three days till I fly out!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caroline! Robbie and I go to Epiphany, and heard about your upcoming work from the Applequists. We just got back from a short-term trip to Haiti last week, and fell in love with the country and the people. I'm excited to see what the Lord will do in your life and your ministry. We'll be praying for you!
    Irene

    ReplyDelete