Isaiah 30:21 - Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010


Today is Black Friday.  A year ago I was sitting in my aunt’s house shopping online for Christmas gifts.  This year, I’m sitting on a couch in Haiti watching Teri kill the multitudes of spiders we have everywhere with a fly swatter.  Did I think I would be in the spot a year ago?  Not at all, but it’s amazing how God orchestrated the whole thing.  We had Thanksgiving dinner here last night complete with Turkey, the biggest turkey legs I have ever seen, chicken, ham, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, salad, cranberries, stuffing, gravy, rice and beans, fried plantains, pumpkin pie and probably one or two other dishes I don’t remember since there were so many.  I don’t come from a large family and this was also the largest number of people I have ever spent Thanksgiving with, think the Cosby show, plus the Brady Bunch, plus the Waltons, times 10.   Canaan was honoring M. Gerard Jean, one of the teachers in the school, who had been teaching for the past 30 years or so. The night was complete with several skits by the school and songs by the choir.  Hardly a day goes by before something happens and I think to myself God really has his hand on this place.  Last night was just another example of God’s blessing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment