Isaiah 30:21 - Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sweet Grandma

 Last Friday Annie and I went up to a little village about 45 minutes away from Canaan to see if they needed mamba up there.  We saw about 50 kids but they all were pretty healthy except for a few who just needed some amox.  Annie has an orphanage in town for handicapped children and one of her kids cam from this village past Pierre Payan.    When we got there Renall's (the boy living at Annie's place) grandma came rushing out of her house as fast as she could towards Annie and gave her a big kiss on her check saying don't stay away so long next time.  She was precious.  I took some pictures of her, and Renall's family, so he could have a copy of them.  The first one I took was just of the grandma.  Then she wanted a picture of her with her daughter...which turned into a picture with the whole family.  All these people kept coming up trying to get into the picture and I would tell them it's just for family and they would just reply, I am Renall's aunt, I am Renall's sister, Renall's cousin, Renall's uncle, Renall's brother....here are a few pictures.
Renall's grandma



Take 1:  Grandma's not looking too happy about this picture.  The lady with the coke bottle is Renall's mom and the two girls behind her are Renall's sister...note the resemblance.  The others are nephews, nieces, an uncle, and cousins.
Take 2:  Grandma's still not sure about this picture taking thing
Take 3:  Finally I took the camera away from my face, looked at them all, and put both hands up to my cheeks pulling them back into a big smile.  Then I told them to show their teeth and smile.  The result is this picture.
Take 4:  Smiles all around.

1 comment:

  1. Caroline!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! You're wonderful and I hope I get to meet Annie someday. And I love that the uncle doesn't have front teeth. haha. Ahh, and grandma! Precious!

    Ashley Munsterman

    ReplyDelete